IDC Manufacturing Insights Releases Top 10 Predictions for 2013
11 Dec, 2012
IDC Manufacturing Insights hosted a Webinar, IDC Manufacturing Insights Predictions 2013: Manufacturing, highlighting the top 10 predictions for the year ahead. Featuring analysts Robert Parker, Joe Barkai, Sheila Brennan, Simon Ellis, Kimberly Knickle, and Pierfrancesco Manenti, the session provided organizations with insight and perspective on long-term industry trends along with new themes that may be on the horizon.
The Top 10 Predictions for 2013 are:
- Prediction 1 - Business Productivity - The Next Wave Begins.
- Prediction 2 - 4 Pillars Support the House of Productivity.
- Prediction 3 - Resiliency Becomes a Priority for Manufacturers Looking to Master "Massive Multidimensionality."
- Prediction 4 - Manufacturing IT Organizations will have to Support a More Productive Operational Ecosystem.
- Prediction 5 - Companies Recalibrate the Product Lifecycle Process.
- Prediction 6 - IT Delivers a "Digital Thread" for the Product Management Process.
- Prediction 7 - Service Excellence Becomes a Strategic Priority.
- Prediction 8 - Technology Advancements Accelerate Service Excellence Initiatives.
- Prediction 9 - People will be at the Center of the Factory of the Future.
- Prediction 10 - Advanced Technologies will Emerge in Support of Operational Excellence Strategies.
"Manufacturing companies are sitting on a record stockpile of cash and, provided near-term uncertainties are resolved, are looking at robust global markets beyond 2013," said Robert Parker, group vice president, IDC Manufacturing Insights. "Also, we are seeing a generational change at the executive levels across all segments. This new generation of manufacturing leadership will eschew stock buybacks and dividend increases in favor of longer term growth initiatives, many of which will have advanced technology at the core."
About IDC Predictions
A hallmark of IDC's offering for three decades, the annual Top 10 Predictions reports provide IDC's outlook on the IT market, across industries, for the coming year. During the next 60 days, IDC will publish dozens of Top 10 Predictions documents for 2013. Please visit www.idc.com/predictions2013 for a complete listing.
About IDC Manufacturing Insights
IDC Manufacturing Insights assists manufacturing businesses and IT leaders, as well as the suppliers who serve them in making more effective technology decisions by providing accurate, timely, and insightful fact-based research and consulting services. Staffed by senior analysts with decades of industry experience, our global research analyzes and advises on business and technology issues facing asset intensive, brand oriented, technology oriented, and engineering oriented manufacturing industries. International Data Corporation (IDC) is the premier global provider of market intelligence, advisory services, and events for the information technology market. IDC is a subsidiary of IDG, the world’s leading technology, media, research, and events company. For more information, please visit www.idc-mi.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org, or call 508-988-7900. Visit the IDC Manufacturing Insights Community at http://idc-insights-community.com/manufacturing.