New Report Predicts China to be Chief U.S. Competitor in Space by 2040
12 Apr, 2021
- By 2040, an increasing number of countries will be participating in space exploration as part of international cooperative efforts.
- These countries will acquire national prestige, opportunities for scientific and technical advancement and potential economic benefits.
- Although governments will remain the primary source of funding for large-scale space exploration activities, the role of commercial entities will expand dramatically.
- Commercial efforts will leverage government-funded space programs to help advance space technologies.
- China will have more foreign partners participating in Chinese-led space activities.
- Chinese space services, such as the Beidou satellite navigation system, will be in use around the world as an alternative to Western options.