MN: Construction Starts on $12M OneNeck® IT Solutions Data Center Expansion
30 Jan, 2014
OneNeck® IT Solutions announces a $12 million construction project is underway to expand the size of its Certified Tier III data center in Eden Prairie, Minn. Once construction is completed, the data center will have approximately 18,000 square feet of raised floor capacity.
“We are excited construction is underway and look forward to completing the project by mid-year on what will soon be one of the largest commercially available Tier III data center in the region,” said Phil LaForge, president and CEO of OneNeck. “Investing in our data center just makes sense. We are nearing capacity at the current facility and want to ensure our customers, and businesses throughout the region, have the space they need for future growth.”
Construction will add another 6,000 square feet of raised floor space inside the OneNeck data center, in Eden Prairie. Once complete, the project will support approximately 4 Megawatts of critical load on the computer room floor. The project includes:
1. Adding all of the supporting equipment such as power distribution units, switchgear, fire suppression, security systems and cameras
2. New generator, cooling towers, UPS units and CRAC units
3. Upgrading and expanding the Facility Command Center
4. Building new meeting rooms for customer use
5. Remodeling and moving the main entrance and reception area for enhanced visibility
6. Creating more convenient access to shipping/receiving for customers sending equipment to the data center
The work is being performed by local contractors including Mortenson Construction, Parsons Electric, Metropolitan Mechanical and Heller Architects. The design will allow the facility to maintain its SSAE16 classification, which includes:
- Biometric iris scanners for personal identification
- Ability to withstand strong tornadoes
- Precast concrete and steel reinforced walls
- VESDA (Very Early Smoke Detection Apparatus) fire detection system
- Multiple levels of redundancy and backup.
In addition to being fail-safe, OneNeck data centers are designed from the ground up for energy and cooling efficiency.
The OneNeck IT Solutions data center in Eden Prairie is design-certified by the Uptime Institute as a Tier III data center. The certification signifies that a concurrently maintainable infrastructure is employed such that if any one critical component is removed through planned maintenance or component failure, service will not be interrupted to the data center.
“For our customers, this certification provides peace of mind because it guarantees uptime availability,” LaForge said. “Many customers need production environment assurances and guarantees the data center will also be operational so they can run mission-critical applications anytime. Attaining and maintaining Tier III status provides them that certainty.”
For more information visit oneneck.com.