Governor Greg Abbott attended and delivered remarks at the groundbreaking of a new Facebook data center in Fort Worth, TX. The data center is projected to create more than $500 million in capital investment within 5 years, along with at least 40 full-time jobs to facilitate its operation.
“Facebook’s mission is to ‘connect the world.’ With locations in Austin, Dallas, and now the new data center in Fort Worth, those connections are made right here in the heart of Texas,” said Governor Abbott. “When it comes to doing business, there really is no place like Texas, and we are excited to break new ground with Facebook.”
· Capital investment is projected to exceed $500 million within 5 years. This includes building construction costs and data center equipment.
· At least 40 full-time employees will be hired to operate the data center.
· Construction on the first data center building is projected to be completed by late 2016.
· The data center will feature the latest in hyper-efficient Open Compute Project hardware.
· The center will be powered by 100% renewable energy, including the 200 MW of wind energy in Texas.