Federal Alert: Tell Congress to Support Economic Development
29 Jun, 2020
- Additional funding for the Economic Development Administration to help communities respond to this economic crisis.
- Expanded eligibility for the SBA PPP loan program to include 501(c)6 organizations.
- Temporary expansion of eligible uses of EDA funds to include ‘salaries & expenses’.
- Elimination of the local match requirement for EDA funds.
- If you haven’t sent a letter, please do so now.
- Ask fellow stakeholders to reach out/send a letter to your members of Congress voicing their support for our request— mayors, county commissioners, business leaders, etc.
- Call your contacts in the Senate to inquire about the status of your request and the next bill.
- Tag your senators in a social media post about your efforts to respond to COVID-19.