Fast-casual restaurant concept Freddy's announced the signing of several multi-unit development agreements to further expand the brand's nationwide footprint. The growth will be led by seasoned franchisees in Freddy's existing system, bringing more than 30 new restaurants to target markets within New Mexico, Texas, Idaho, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Missouri, and Arizona.
This announcement comes on the heels of a historic year of development for Freddy's, as the brand unveiled 62 new restaurants across the nation, including its 500th location. Moving forward, the brand remains poised for extended expansion in key markets and is perfectly in sync with its ambitious growth forecasts for the year ahead.
"We have witnessed firsthand how strongly Freddy's resonates across the country, and this high level of success has continued to be a driving factor for the reinvestment we are receiving from existing franchisees," said Andrew Thengvall, Chief Development Officer at Freddy's Frozen Custard & Steakburgers. "Our operators have remained dedicated to our brand values, which has directly translated to a heightened guest experience in each community they serve. We are proud to have these groups as part of our network and couldn't be more excited to further our partnerships with them."
The Freddy's franchisees who have recently reinvested in the brand to grow their portfolios include:
- ERC Hospitality currently operates 34 Freddy's locations and is set to build 13 new stores across New Mexico and El Paso, Texas.
- EMS Management has committed to the development of nine new Freddy's locations across multiple counties in Idaho, Oregon, and Utah.
- TR Hospitality has signed an agreement to build three new Freddy's locations between Longview, Tyler, and Lindale, Texas. This will be the group's second Tyler-based location.
- Ram-Z owns and operates nine locations in Oklahoma and Texas, alongside a non-traditional establishment on a university campus. The company, with 13 units already in development, has now signed for five new units that will be built across Oklahoma and Northwest Arkansas.
- Building on the success of their two existing locations in Missouri, Meyer & Lovinger Restaurant Partners are poised to open another Freddy's location in Neosho, Missouri.
- With 13 operating locations in Arizona and five currently in development, Jaytoo has committed to opening three additional Freddy's locations within the state.
With over 130 locations in development for 2024, Freddy's aims for 800 operating restaurants by 2026, emphasizing its commitment to franchisees, team members, and an exceptional guest experience. The brand's wide variety of traditional and non-traditional restaurants have consistently earned the brand recognition as a leading fast-casual concept and franchise system, including being named #23 on Fast Casual's Top 100 Movers + Shakers, #46 on QSR Magazine's esteemed QSR 50 list and #67 on Entrepreneur's Franchise 500.