IEDC Annual Conference to be Held in Philadelphia, PA, October 6 - 9, 2013
1 Oct, 2013
The International Economic Development Council (IEDC) will hold its Annual Conference, October 6 - 9, 2013 at the Philadelphia Marriott Downtown in Philadelphia, PA. Themed Transformation, Innovation, Reinvention: Creating Tomorrow's Economy Today, the event will address obstacles facing economic developers, and existing trends in our dynamic economy. Attendees will learn how they can create a vision for the future, stimulate consensus, and prepare their communities for 21st century success.
The conference is expected to draw influential business leaders, economic professionals, and academics to address current trends that are replacing the old ways of doing business with innovative new approaches. Scheduled events include engaging seminars, networking opportunities, and educational tours.
The Conference Program will explore:
• Re-imagining infrastructure and development.
• Proven ways to promote innovation in communities around the world.
• Transforming an economy from locally-oriented to a nationally or globally focused.
• Strategies for attracting, retaining, and developing human capital.
Featured Keynote Speakers include:
• His Excellency Dr. Peter Ammon of the Federal Republic of Germany, Ambassador to the United States
• Joseph Coradino, CEO, Pennsylvania Real Estate Investment Trust, Philadelphia, PA
• The Hon. Tom Corbett, Governor, State of Pennsylvania
• Jennifer Crozier, Vice President of Global Citizenship Initiatives, IBM, New York, NY
• The Hon. Chaka Fattah, United States Representative, State of Pennsylvania, 2nd Congressional District, Washington, DC
• Dan Hilferty, President and CEO, Independence Blue Cross, Philadelphia, PA
• F. William McNabb III, Chairman and CEO, Vanguard, Malvern, PA
• Denise Morrison, President and CEO, Campbell's Soup Company, Camden, NJ
• Michael Nutter, Mayor, City of Philadelphia
• Gregory Smith, PhD, Associate Professor, Management Information Systems, Williams College of Business, Xavier University, Cincinnati, OH
• Gerald Sweeney, President and CEO, Brandywine Realty Trust, Radnor, PA
About the International Economic Development Council
The International Economic Development Council (IEDC) is a non-profit membership organization serving economic developers. With more than 4,000 members, IEDC is the largest organization of its kind. Economic developers promote economic well-being and quality of life for their communities, by creating, retaining and expanding jobs that facilitate growth, enhance wealth and provide a stable tax base. From public to private, rural to urban, and local to international, IEDC's members are engaged in the full range of economic development experience. Given the breadth of economic development work, our members are employed in a wide variety of settings including local, state, provincial and federal governments, public private partnerships, chambers of commerce, universities and a variety of other institutions. When we succeed, our members create high-quality jobs, develop vibrant communities, and improve the quality of life in their regions. www.iedconline.org.