Report: Supply Chain Disruption Creates Efficiency, Competitive Advantage Opportunities
20 Dec, 2021
- Businesses should see a gradual improvement of supply chain fluidity as companies play catch up. Delivery times will narrow and become more reliable.
- An anticipated shift in consumer spending from goods to services should also help ease some of the pressure on the system, and delivery times will improve.
- Businesses should learn lessons from recent supply chain disruptions and carefully reevaluate their sourcing, inventory, manufacturing, and pricing strategies.
- Companies that prioritize a reliable supply chain can gain market share in 2022. Business leaders should ask where their supply chain is most vulnerable and how to solve for it.
- To solve supply chain challenges, companies shouldn't be afraid to borrow, but not in excess. Businesses should carefully manage inventory at levels where they're relatively confident it can be liquidated.