MFG Day 2020 to Educate Students on the Modern Manufacturing Industry
5 Oct, 2020
- The chance to work in a diverse range of companies manufacturing offers, from small, local businesses to global Fortune 500 companies, in exciting industries, from aerospace to pharmaceuticals;
- Earning $88,406 annually on average, including pay and benefits;
- Working in an industry that employs more than 12.13 million workers across the country;
- Hands-on experience with the most innovative technology, including 3D printing, drones and virtual reality;
- The opportunity to work on real, tangible products that improve people's lives, from lifesaving medical equipment to food products; and
- Career growth that starts at entry level but allows for additional training and promotion opportunities.
- Monday, Oct. 5, at 12:00 p.m. EDT – A program honoring National Teachers' Day that will highlight how teachers and educators can use their role to inspire the next generation of creators, featuring Allen Gannett, technology entrepreneur and author of The Creative Curve.
- Tuesday, Oct. 13, at 12:00 p.m. EDT – A deep dive into creators' response to the COVID-19 pandemic, presented by Walmart; the event will feature an interview of manufacturers involved in the nation's COVID-19 response by legendary broadcaster Elvis Duran.