In One Map: Where the U.S. Economy is Built
31 Dec, 2019
- California, Texas, and New York make up nearly 1/3rd of the U.S. GDP.
- Rural and less populated states and counties tend to contribute less to the U.S. GDP.
- The total population within a given area correlates with GDP output, not necessarily population density.
- States like Washington and Texas will be hit disproportionately by the tariff wars.
- 6 of the top 20 counties are located in California.
- The top 35 counties make up 1/3rd of the U.S. GDP.