CA: Auconet Moves U.S. HQ to Silicon Valley, Adds Top U.S. Team
25 Feb, 2014
Auconet, provider of next- generation Business Infrastructure Control solutions for Global 1000-grade IT Operations Management (ITOM), announced that it has moved its global headquarters to the Silicon Valley to accelerate its global growth, to bring its leading-edge, next-generation ITOM solution to the world's largest IT market. The Company's experienced US-based sales and marketing executives and technical support personnel will leverage its momentum with key Global 200 accounts, to expand its Global 1000 market share. Auconet will demonstrate BICS, the Auconet Business Infrastructure Control Solution, and its ability to control and secure the "Internet of Everything" at the RSA Conference in San Francisco, February 24 – 28, in Booth 3421/9.
Auconet BICS is designed for global enterprises to seamlessly and efficiently solve today's BYOD and tomorrow's "Internet of Everything" challenges. BICS continuously discovers, secures, manages, and centrally controls every network device, port, and endpoint in complex, heterogeneous IT infrastructures, each with hundreds of thousands of endpoints.
Top-tier Global 1000 firms, including industry giants BASF, Siemens, Deutsche Bahn, and one of Europe's largest financial networks, trust Auconet BICS to manage millions of devices and endpoints and secure their IT infrastructures around the world. Included in the Gartner "Magic Quadrant for Network Access Control" (NAC) since 2011, Auconet BICS extends well beyond "state-of-the-art" NAC offerings to provide comprehensive, persistent, network control for all network devices, ports, and endpoints. BICS is vendor- and version-agnostic, able to control all devices from all manufacturers, including all legacy devices.
Key BICS capabilities that are operational right out of the box include:
· Network infrastructure control – complete, efficient management and protection of entire global network infrastructures from a central console, in real time
· Scalable – manages hundreds of thousands of devices, ports, and endpoints, right out of the box
· Vendor independent – works with all types of network devices and endpoints (past, present and future)
· Agentless – no agents need be installed on endpoints; however it interacts seamlessly with existing third-party vendors' agents
· Extremely fast deployment – typical installations are up and running in a few days Secure – MAC out-of-band authentication
· Secure – IEEE 802.1X Port-based Network Access Control (NAC)
· Captive Portal – Web-based, self-registration for people to add their devices
· BYOD – manages all devices: PCs, tablets, phones, game consoles, cameras, printers, etc.
· Seamless Installation – no change required to the existing infrastructure
· Choice – On-premises or virtual appliance; cloud based, multi tenant
· Easy – easy to use, easy to understand
"Now that Auconet is firmly established as a trusted partner in major global accounts, we are ready to pursue opportunities in the US," said Frank Winter, CEO of Auconet. "I'm proud to lead our new US team to engage directly with US and global customers. We are already working on high-caliber inquiries from Global 1000 companies in the US, and we are excited to bring BICS, our next-generation ITOM solution, to the US market."
Auconet, Inc. provides next-generation Business Infrastructure Control solutions for Global 1000-grade IT Operations Management (ITOM). Auconet BICS – Business Infrastructure Control Solution – is a streamlined multi-tenant, cloud or on-premises platform that quickly and seamlessly enables Global 1000 enterprises with real-time visibility, persistent monitoring, and automated, optimized control across all network device vendors' solutions – past, present and future – and connected (wireless or wired) endpoints. BICS easily scales to manage hundreds of thousands of network elements from a single, central console. Auconet is a member of the Trusted Computer Group and is a recognized vendor within the Gartner Magic Quadrant for NAC in 2011, 2012, and 2013. Auconet is headquartered in San Francisco, CA with EU sales, support, and research and development offices in Berlin, Germany. For more information visit: www.auconet.com