Study: Cities Can Collectively Realize $60B by Becoming Hyperconnected
9 Dec, 2019
- Crafting an evidence-based business case and continuously monitor performance—analyzing ROI systematically with the right metrics.
- Calculating the full benefits including social, business, economic, and environmental benefits
- Capitalizing on advanced technologies—particularly various forms of AI—while also bearing in mind the importance of cybersecurity.
- Generating more value from data by gathering, integrating, and monetizing it in a responsible way, as well as sharing it with stakeholders as appropriate.
- Organizing resources within a largely centralized department and drawing on both internal and external staff to operate hyperconnected city programs.
- Using the ecosystem effectively, partnering with business and academic communities, but keeping crucial development and implementation tasks in-house.
- Ensuring all citizens are engaged and connected by seeking input from stakeholders and reaching out to disadvantaged populations.