Trade & Industry Development Honors CiCi Award Winners for 2021
6 Jan, 2021
Trade & Industry Development, a leading publication dedicated to site selection for businesses, has named the winners of its 2021 Corporate Investment/Community Impact Awards (CiCi Awards).
This is the 15th year the publication has honored projects around the country that promise — through extensive capital investment or influential community impact — to help shape the communities in which they are located, and in which they continue to develop and grow. Trade & Industry Development’s CiCi Awards honor 30 projects — 15 in the “Corporate Investment” category and 15 in the “Community Impact” category. All the winners are projects that were announced in both 2019 and 2020. (The years were combined due to delays caused by the global COVID-19 pandemic, both in the projects themselves as well as the magazine’s production schedule.)
“We received hundreds of nominations for our Cici Awards, and each one represented a bright spot in a difficult and challenging year,” said Trade & Industry Development Publisher Scott Swoger. “We read each one carefully in our effort to single out 30 winning projects, but all of them had admirable merit. Our final winner’s list is an excellent mix of high achieving projects at major international corporations as well as smaller, local companies. By deciding to locate or expand in a certain area, these companies, and the economic development agencies that guided the projects, helped to shape the community and the economies where they’re located.”
The Corporate Investment winners have all pledged large economic development investments, while the Community Impact winners promise to have a transformational effect on the communities in which they’re located. The 30 award-winning projects represent combined capital investment of nearly $33 billion. The number of direct jobs created totals 35,400, with countless more indirect positions associated with these projects.
Each of the 30 winners is featured in Trade & Industry Development’s “CiCi Awards Issue 2021,” which is available now in print and online at TradeAndIndustryDev.com.
2021 CiCi Awards—Corporate Investment
• Taiwan Semiconductor Manufacturing Co., Maricopa County, AZ
• Grön Fuels, East Baton Rouge Parish, LA
• Steel Dynamics Inc., San Patricio County, TX
• General Motors, St. Charles County, MO
• Ultium Cells, LLC, Trumbull County, OH
• Ford Motor Company, Wayne County, MI
• Nucor, Meade County, KY
• Tesla, Travis County, TX
• Centene Corp., Mecklenburg County, NC
• Facebook, Inc. d/b/a Goldframe, LLC, DeKalb County, IL
• Google, Ellis County, TX
• Nestlé Purina PetCare Company, Rockingham County, NC
• Allison Transmission, Inc., Marion County, IN
• AW Texas, Inc., Guadalupe County, TX
• Mark Anthony Brewing, Richland County, SC
2021 CiCi Awards—Community Impact
• Tinker Air Force Sustainment Center, Oklahoma County, OK
• Mastronardi, Clear Water Farms, LiDestri Food & Drink, GEM Opportunity Fund Zone, Hampton County, SC
• New Blueprint Partners and Rabina, Clark County, WA
• Amazon, Travis County, TX
• Ross Stores, Inc., Waller County, TX
• Vermeer Corp., Marion County, IA
• AppHarvest, Rowan County, KY
• Linear Labs, Tarrant County, TX
• Lockheed Martin, Lawrence County, AL
• Cedar Point Sports Center, Erie County, OH
• Holley Performance Products, Warren County, KY
• City of Wisconsin Dells - Riverwood Eagle's Nest, Columbia County, WI
• PAS MRO, Creek County, OK
· Epic Piping, East Carroll Parish, LA
• PeopleShores, Coahoma County, MS
About Trade & Industry Development
Produced four times a year, Trade & Industry Development is dedicated to site selection in a vertical format. As the only publication of its kind, T&ID reaches more decision makers per industry than any other publication dealing with site selection. Editorial, both in the magazine, online at TradeAndIndustryDev.com and through targeted newsletters, is geared to executive decision makers with pertinent, useful site selection and business knowledge for their market. T&ID also has extensive digital marketing and integrated marketing capabilities.
About Due North Media
Due North Media, a division of Due North Consulting, Inc., is a niche business-to-business publisher providing media services to executives within specialized vertical markets impacting economic development including corporate site selection, business development, market-to-market events and sports tourism via publications, digital media, qualified list marketing and custom publishing. Founded in 2001, Due North Consulting, Inc. has helped niche marketers obtain their goals for a decade and a half. The principals of the company have over 40 years of business-to-business advertising and marketing experience. It has been their mission to serve readers, clients and employees with integrity, humility, and a continuing quest for the achievement of excellence.
(c)2003-2022 Trade & Industry Development is a publication of Due North Media - a division of Due North Consulting, Inc.
Copyright 2001-2022, Due North Consulting, Inc. -- All rights reserved.
The material on this site is protected by United States copyright and other intellectual property laws and may not be reproduced, rewritten, distributed, re-disseminated, transmitted, cached, displayed, published, broadcast, directly or indirectly, in any medium without the prior written permission of Due North Consulting, Inc.