DE: DPP Plans to Create a More Inclusive Tech Talent Pipeline for Delaware
8 Mar, 2021
- IT needs remain a key concern for Delaware employers, with IT jobs needed at all levels (entry to highly specialized) across IT domains (software, networks, cyber security, data management and tech support).
- Changing skills and the accelerated digitization of our economy in the COVID-19 pandemic exacerbate bottlenecks in IT hiring.
- Greater focus on upskilling those already in the workforce and continued expansion of education pathways are needed to address IT talent needs.
- Career Awareness: Promotes career info, pathways, structures and routes to career advancement.
- Interest & Exploration: Helps diverse populations easily access ways to explore IT careers and interests and connect with other diverse workers in IT.
- Training & Education: Reflects the education and training needs of youth and adults.
- Career Entry: Helps workers from underrepresented populations find IT jobs and feel valued.
- Career Advancement: Highlights clear pathways for career advancement and peer support and builds a sense of community within IT occupations.