FL: Florida Announces 8 Straight Months of Month-Over-Month Job Growth
25 Jan, 2021
- Unemployment rate is 6.1 percent. (November’s unemployment rate has been revised down to 6.3 percent, from the previously reported rate of 6.4 percent).
- Florida businesses gained 21,100 private-sector jobs over the month.
- Labor force was up 31,000 over the month, bringing the December 2020 total up to 10,143,000.
- Florida’s private sector over the year job rate decline was 4.7 percent in December 2020. This in an improvement from 13.0 percent in April 2020.
- Private-sector industries gaining the most jobs over-the-month were:
- Professional and Business Services with 11,600 new jobs
- Financial Activities with 4,800 new jobs
- Trade, Transportation, and Utilities with 4,800 new jobs
- Construction with 3,200 new jobs
- Consumer Sentiment Index was 82.2 in December 2020, 1.1 points higher than the November revised figure of 81.1