LA: Louisiana Earns ‘State Of The Year’ From Southern Business & Development
27 Jul, 2020
- Last month, Louisiana had the second-best, one-year improvement of any state in Chief Executive’s rankings of Best and Worst States for Business. Louisiana moved up seven positions to No. 23, and has improved 14 positions since 2016.
- In 2019, Area Development magazine ranked Louisiana No. 8 among Top States for Doing Business, its ninth consecutive year in the Top 10.
- Site Selection magazine ranked Louisiana’s business climate No. 10 in the U.S., the state’s 10th consecutive year in the Top 10.
- Business Facilities magazine ranked LED FastStart® the No. 1 state workforce development program for the 10th straight year in 2019.
- In October, Louisiana Economic Development’s Small Business Services team won the International Economic Development Council's Gold Award for the profession's best programs in entrepreneurship.