WA: Econ Revitalization Board Invests $3.3 Million for Projects, Jobs
23 Nov, 2021
- Cowlitz County – $843,750 loan and a $281,250 grant to the Port of Woodland for the “Rose Way Industrial Park Building #1” project. This project consists of construction of a 15,000-square-foot building, including mobilization, earthwork and grading; extending and connecting water, sewer and stormwater systems; utilities; parking lot, curbs and sidewalks. This project is expected to create 40 jobs at above the county median wage. CERB funds are matched by $1,327,070 in local resources.
- Grays Harbor County – $50,000 grant to the Port of Grays Harbor for the “Westport Marina Modernization Project Plan.” This project consists of a modernization plan for the moorage infrastructure of the Westport Marina. CERB funds are matched by $30,000 in local resources.
- King County – $50,000 grant to the City of Federal Way for the “Federal Way Broadband Planning Study.” This project consists of a feasibility study to assess the potential for developing a high-speed city fiber network for Federal Way. CERB funds are matched by $25,000 in federal ARPA funds.
- Whatcom County – $50,000 grant to Public Utility District No. 1 of Whatcom County for the “Whatcom PUD #1 Broadband Mapping and Feasibility Study.” This project consists of a feasibility study to assess the potential to bring high-speed broadband to Whatcom County. CERB funds are matched by $12,500 in local resources.
- Whatcom County – $2 million grant from the Coronavirus Capital Projects Fund to the Port of Bellingham for the “Whatcom County Rural Broadband Project.” This project consists of construction of approximately 47 miles of middle- and last-mile fiber in north Whatcom County along the Canadian border. The internet service provider is Pogozone. This project is expected to create 240 connections at a speed of 300/70 Mbps and 210 connections at a speed of 1G/1G, with three internet service providers servicing the area. CERB funds were matched by $1,000,000 in local resources.