Trade & Industry Development, the leading magazine dedicated to an audience of corporate site selectors in vertical industry segments, today announced the recipients of its 10th Annual CiCi (Corporate Investment & Community Impact) Awards.
The 30 corporate recipients of the 2015 CiCi Awards made public declarations in 2014 of their plans for economic development that will collectively create over 28,000 jobs and retain close to 90,000 jobs and result in total corporate investment in excess of $12 billion. (These data are provided by respondents and public announcement and include estimations of future growth.)
"The 30 companies recognized by our 10th Annual CiCi Awards represent extraordinary investment in corporate development in a variety of industry segments across the United States. In fact, six of this year's recipients have announced plans to individually invest $1 billion or more," said Scott D. Swoger, publisher, Trade & Industry Development magazine published by Due North Media and president of its parent company Due North Consulting, Inc.
"These major investments provide a clear snapshot of where and in which industries growth is occurring today," Swoger continued. "Each of the investments to be made by Trade & Industry Development's 10th Annual CiCi Award recipients will be transformational for the communities in which the projects will be located."
The CiCi Awards are unique in that, in addition to commemorating the largest capital investments for development or expansion announced within a designated year, they equally recognize projects for the positive impact they will have on a community, regardless of the amount of money invested by the corporation.
Among the criteria considered for CiCi recognition in the Community Impact division are the number of jobs created and/or retained, area unemployment figures, average income level of the region, area plant closings or decline in industry segments and the creation of new industry segments with employment opportunities, among others.
To arrive at the selection of the 10th Annual CiCi Award recipients, Trade & Industry Development editors considered several hundred announcements of corporate economic development made during 2014.
Visit Trade & Industry Development's CiCi Awards Page for more information.
Recipients of Trade & Industry Development magazine's 2015 CiCi Awards are:
Corporate Investment Division
· Mercedes-Benz, Vance, Alabama
· Boeing, Snohomish, Washington
· Comcast Corp, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
· Microsoft Corp., West Des Moines, Iowa
· BMW Manufacturing, Spartanburg, South Carolina
· Toray Industries Inc., Spartanburg, South Carolina
· Volkswagen Group, Chattanooga, Tennessee
· Giti Tire, Chester, South Carolina
· Northrop Grumman, Melbourne, Florida
· United Technologies Corp. (UTC), Hartford, Connecticut
· General Electric, Greenville, South Carolina
· Navy Federal Credit Union, Pensacola, Florida
· Aleris Rolled Products, Lewisport, Kentucky
· Toyota, Plano, Texas
· Keurig Green Mountain Inc., Douglasville, Georgia
Community Impact Division
· Fuyao Glass America Inc, Moraine Ohio
· AstraZeneca, Fredrick, Maryland
· GAF Roofing, Moberly, Missouri
· Lindenburg Industry LLC, Appomattox, Virginia
· General Electric, Cincinnati, Ohio
· GE Aviation, Lafayette, Indiana
· SpaceX, Brownsville, Texas
· Philadelphia 76ers LP, Camden, New Jersey
· Sealed Air, Charlotte, North Carolina
· Air Products, Palmetto, Florida
· Ruiz Food Products Inc. Florence, South Carolina
· Mars Food North America, Greenville, Mississippi
· IntegriCo Composites, Springhill, Louisiana
· Green Applications LLC, Gordonsville, Virginia
· Underwriters Laboratories, Laramie, Wyoming
About Trade & Industry Development
Trade & Industry Development serves executives within specific vertical industries. Its mission is to help companies perpetuate success by providing clear and crucial insight into the challenge of site selection and facility planning. By working with thought leaders and experts in various fields, Trade & Industry Development provides actionable content that is both innovative and forward-looking. It is committed to being a valuable and trusted partner for C-suite executives, corporate real estate professionals and site consultants, enabling them to make the best-possible decisions - for themselves, their companies and their shareholders. Visit: www.tradeandindustrydev.com.
- South Carolina Department of Commerce
- Washington State Department of Commerce
- Pennsylvania Department of Community & Economic Development
- Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development
- Enterprise Florida
- Kentucky Cabinet for Economic Development
- Texas Economic Development Corporation
- Ohio Development Services Agency
- Missouri One Start
- New Jersey Commerce, Economic Growth, and Tourism Commission
- Mississippi Development Authority
- Louisiana Economic Development
There are no comments
Please login to post comments