Trade & Industry Development, the leading magazine dedicated to an audience of corporate site selectors in vertical industry segments, today announced the recipients of its 8th Annual CiCi (Corporate Investment & Community Impact) Awards.
The 30 corporate recipients of the 2013 CiCi Awards made public declarations in 2012 of their plans for economic development that collectively will create and retain more than 35,250 jobs, and result in total corporate investment in excess of $16 billion. (This data is provided by respondents and public announcement and includes estimations of future growth.)
“The 30 companies recognized by our 8th Annual CiCi Awards represent extraordinary investment in corporate development in a variety of industry segments across the United States. In fact, seven of this year’s recipients have announced plans to individually invest $1 billion or more,” said Scott D. Swoger, publisher, Trade & Industry Development magazine, and president of its parent company Due North Consulting, Inc.
“These major investments provide a clear snapshot of where and in which industries growth is occurring today,” Swoger continued. “Each of the investments to be made by Trade & Industry Development’s 8th Annual CiCi Award recipients will be transformational for the communities in which the projects will be located.”
The CiCi Awards are unique in that in addition to commemorating the largest capital investments for development or expansion announced within a designated year, they equally recognize projects for the positive impact they will have on a community, regardless of the amount of money invested by the corporation.
Among the criteria considered for CiCi recognition in the Community Impact division are the number of jobs created and/or retained, area unemployment figures, average income level of the region, area plant closings or decline in industry segments, and the creation of new industry segments with employment opportunities, among others.
To arrive at the selection of the 8th Annual CiCi Award recipients, Trade & Industry Development editors considered several hundred announcements of corporate economic development made during 2012.
Visit Trade & Industry Development’s CiCi Awards Page for more information.
Recipients of Trade & Industry Development magazine’s 2013 CiCi Awards are:
— Corporate Investment Division —
· Intel Corporation — Oregon
· CF Industries Inc. — Louisiana
· CF Industries Inc. — Iowa
· Iowa Fertilizer Company — Iowa
· Baxter International — Georgia
· Apple Inc. — Nevada
· BMW Manufacturing Co.— South Carolina
· Benteler Steel/Tube GmbH — Louisiana
· Bridgewater Associates — Connecticut
· Hexcel Corporation — Utah
· GE Consumer & Industrial — Kentucky
· Airbus — Alabama
· Michelin North America, Inc. — South Carolina
· Toyota Motor Manufacturing Inc. — Indiana
· Facebook — Oregon
— Community Impact Division —
· Sempra Energy — Louisiana
· Apple Inc. — Texas
· Caterpillar Inc. — Georgia
· Roxul Inc. — Mississippi
· Deere-Hitachi Construction Machinery Corporation — North Carolina
· Berry Plastics Corporation — Kentucky
· Hospira — North Carolina
· Amazon.com, Inc. — Indiana
· Aquion Energy, Inc. — Pennsylvania
· Magneti Marelli — Tennessee
· Dart Container Corporation — Michigan
· Oberto Brands — Tennessee
· Polaris Industries — Iowa
· Amazon.com, Inc. — Kentucky
· Sutherland Global Services — Louisiana
About Trade & Industry Development
Trade & Industry Development serves executives within specific vertical industries. Its mission is to help companies perpetuate success by providing clear and crucial insight into the challenge of site selection and facility planning. By working with thought leaders and experts in various fields, Trade & Industry Development provides actionable content that is both innovative and forward-looking. It is committed to being a valuable and trusted partner for C-suite executives, corporate real estate professionals and site consultants, enabling them to make the best-possible decisions – for themselves, their companies and their shareholders. Visit: www.tradeandindustrydev.com.